Saturday, February 11, 2012

The maps are all unclear on the as they don't show specific locations of towns and cities. Tucson seems to be on the border of Zone 8 and 9.|||I can't believe no one has bothered to answer your question as of yet. Oh well, here goes ...

I use the Zone Finder map and tools available on the "Jerry Baker - America's Master Gardener" website. You are right, the map alone is sometimes confusing, and it is sometimes hard to tell the actual zone you are in. This website uses your Zip Code to pinpoint your USDA hardiness zone. I don't live in Tucson, but I have visited several times over the years. I remember 22nd Street so I based my search on that street. I went to the USPS Zip Code lookup website and picked 85713. Plugging it into the Jerry Baker site indicates that it is in USDA hardiness zone 8A.

Your hardiness zone may be different, so you might want to plug in your own zip code. Here is a link to the Jerry Baker site:

http://www.jerrybaker.com/index.asp?Page鈥?/a>

If you want to check out neighboring Zip Codes to see how close you might be to another zone, here is a link to the USPS Zip Code lookup website:

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp

Good luck with your gardening efforts this year.

火车采集器
  • tgi fridays locations
  • sailboats for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment