Friday, February 24, 2012

I'll be in Tucson for one day. What should I do for fun? I'll probably only be there once in my life, so I would like it to be memorable.|||I say the Desert Museum too. It's really cool !
They have a free flight bird demonstration ( ravens, owls and hawks) at 10:30 and 1:30 daily. It's pretty cool too. I also would recommend going up Mt Lemmon ( Catalina Highway) . It's a scenic drive up 10,000 feet with stop points along the way to see the fantastic views. And, if you deciede to go to the Desert Museum stop at Starr Pass along the way, also a scenic area|||I would hit the Flandrau Planetarium at the University of Arizona, if you like space and that sort of thing. The Sonora Desert Museum is very interesting and not something you can get elsewhere, bing an outdoor thing with lots of desert stuff growing.|||Sticking your head in the sand and cross dressing is a favorite past time on the UofA campus
Go Devils!|||Bah...forget Flandrau. It's nothing special as far as planetariums go and parking on the U of A campus can be a real pain. But the Desert Museum, yeah, that's probably our star attraction...along with simply taking the drive through the desert to get there.

If you're really into aviation, the Pima Air and Space Museum would be a fun time...including a bus tour of "the boneyard" (AMARC) where we have miles and miles of military aircraft stored. I doubt you'd experience anything like it anywhere else. Another one-of-a-kind attraction is the Titan Missile Museum where you can tour a decommisioned nuclear missile silo...a sobering insight on the Cold War. Tour only takes an hour but it's about 20 miles south of Tucson. On the way there you can take a quick detour to the San Xavier Mission...another unique site. Not sure if I'd define it as particularly fun though...but interesting and certainly is culturally relevant to the area.

If you like hiking, there's no shortage of that in the area. Feel free to contact me for some ideas on trails.

Links to everything below.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment