Friday, February 24, 2012

Mapquest is saying it would take 13 hours. That seems kinda short to me. Is that right? I would be impressed if anyone knew the answer.|||921 miles is about as long as any single-day drive my family has ever done; our longest is somewhere between 800 and 850, also across Texas (around Deming, NM to Texarkana, AR); I remember it being just short of 900 miles.

Doing 70, math says just over 13 hours *if* you do it NON-STOP. add in 2-3 hours for food and restroom stops, and you're talking a good 15-16 hours, assuming no traffic anywhere along the way. This is not always a safe assumption. There could be construction to slow you down, there could be an accident ahead (one had us at a dead stop east of El Paso on I-10 for around 45 minutes on the previously-mentioned trip with my family). However, this route doesn't pass through any huge cities along the way, except El Paso, until you get to Fort Worth, so it might not be too bad traffic-wise.

Allow maybe 16 or 17 hours to be safe. It's long, but it's do-able if you have the stamina. An extra driver or two is strongly recommended; otherwise, factor in even more time for resting along the way.

Have a safe trip!|||Google Earth suggests 14 hours 23 minutes to drive the 921 miles.

When using computer-generated estimates, remember that computers do not visit the restroom, eat, stretch their legs, take the wrong exit, or drive around an unfamiliar town trying to find the cheapest gas!|||At an average of 65 mph, withouth stopping, it is 14 hours.|||Total Est. Time: 13 hours, 7 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 921.84 miles
Trust Mapquest!
Tho http://webcenter.maps.aol.com/travel/mai鈥?/a> says it's Total Distance: 921.16 miles
Estimated Time: 15 hours 32 minutes 18 seconds|||I live in El Paso TX .... from Tucson To here taking I-10 its around 5-6 hours depends on your speed, then from El Paso to Fort Worth its about 12hours taking I-20 and I-30. I have gone in my car all the way thats how long I have made to both parts =)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment