Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'm moving from the UK to Tucson and I was wondering how easy is it to get a customer service/banking/admin job there or in the states period? and how much would i be looking at getting? I have 4 years experience but no college degree :(
Thanks|||With four years experience, you probably have a reasonable chance of finding something. Jobs are kind of tough to find these days, so don't get discouraged if you don't find something the first few weeks. Some jobs of the type you listed might require a degree, but most don't. It's probably harder for someone coming into the country to find a job than someone who has already worked here - then again, many people here love British accents, so that might work in your favor. (Once when we visited the UK years ago, one of my daughter's cousins took her to school with her so her friends could hear her American accent, so I guess it's all in the ear of the beholder).

Realize that salary scales might be lower here than in the UK. But costs are lower too. We've visited the UK a number of times, and often the cost in the UK in pounds isn't much different than the US cost in dollars, even though the pound is worth almost twice as much as the dollar.

Salaries in Tucson are somewhat lower than the US average, but depending on the job you'd probably make mid-teens to low 20's thousands of dollars per year.

Tucson is a great place to live. I lived there for four years and really enjoyed it.

Good luck.|||that funny, you need a degree,now days to work at a car wash|||Are you moving legally to the United States of America?|||When I moved to Tucson from Detroit, Michigan I had a really hard time of finding a decent paying job. I have a four-year degree and I found that I was too experienced for most of the jobs. Since you are interested in a customer service related job you probably won't have as tough of a time as I did. There are lots of call centers...AOL being the largest...and they are always hiring and give decent benefits. I worked at VMS, which also advertises job postings a lot. The cost of living is beginning to increase a lot in Tucson and the wages are not being matched. There are too many Californians, retirees and investers flooding the real estate market, thus driving up the cost of the working class. I ended up giving up on Tucson and taking up a job in Phoenix. Good luck!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment