Saturday, February 11, 2012

I'm looking to plant a garden in tucson this summer but i'm not sure what flowers can survive in this type of weather with minimal attention paied to them. Any ideas?|||You should contact your county extension office, they should have a list of ideal plants like we in Cochise County have. We are at a higher elevation here (4600') so my plant list won't do for your elevation of 2000-3000'.

You, for instance, can plant citrus trees outside. We can't. And I love lime trees in bloom! You can grow Bougainvilleas, we have more difficulty with that plant.

If the focus is on "minimal attention" then I'd suggest stick with a xeriscaped plan, a collection of low-water and drought-tolerant plants.

Tucson is so beautiful in the spring when all the plants are in bloom!|||Succulents flowers too same with some cactus, crassulas and euphorbias. I'm trying to follow the trend of minimizing use of water so I built a 6x6 square patch on my lawn, dug the grass and line it with vinyl/plastic then cover with sand. Finally put some different shaped stone ala japanese style accentuated with the above plants, presto! it is now self growing focal point in my garden.

火车采集器
  • duplicolor
  • restaurants in pittsburgh
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment