Saturday, February 18, 2012

Both me and my Boyfriend are Puerto Ricans living in the Tucson area. I'm and Artist and he is a cook. We are considering opening up a small catering company serving homemade Puerto Rican foods like Tostones, Pasteles, Sofrito, just general foods like that. I also make a line of Puerto Rican Christmas cards along with other Puerto Rican based art. The question is, Is there an interest or a market for it here in Tucson?|||madelin go eat your bacon chesseburger with fried eggs and bacon why do you think americans are so fat? they eat more fat than anyone else|||The area is dominated by Mexican's & people of Mexican descent, so, I'm gonna go with a no. You could however, gear food with a "latino" flavor (if such a thing exist) or come up with something like "Nuevo Latino Cuisine." As to the cards, again, using a Puerto Rican flag in artwork isn't going to sell to Mexican's. Good luck, I hope you make it there.|||I don't live in Tuscon, but even if their isn't a interest in it, if I where you I'd open up that small business ANYWAY.
Introducing something new to a community that may have never experienced something like that is always a plus, not to mention the Puerto Rican culture is beautiful and very interesting.
Your business might just thrive and you may start a new trend.
You never know until you try.

火车采集器

1 comment:

  1. YES!!!! My husband is Puerto Rican and I am Panamanian and while Mexican food is good we are missing real Latin food. Please keep me posted! I hope you do open something up

    ReplyDelete