Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Me and my cousin are aspiring artists and we need a good music producer. You know; someone who can lay down some really good beats and music. We need that person to be versatile in their style of music. They need to live in Tucson. And they need to make music for us and ONLY us. And we need to stick with each other all the way. And you can't be a 40 year old creep. Ages 15-18 only please.So if that's you; please answer. :)

Thank You,
Apollo Shayy and Drina|||Wow! That's a tall order. I'm a professional songwriter. I'm not from Tucson (I'm in Albuquerque) so, I guess I don't count but, here are some ideas of where you might go to find the person you are looking for. If you are going to stay stuck on that age group however, you won't find many in that age at these locations. Try the International Songwriter's Association (ISA), The Songwriter's Guild of America, Nashville Songwriter's Association International (NSAI). There are also the Performance Rights Organizations (PRO). These people pay the songwriters and artists. They are BMI, ASCAP, and SESAC. Those people can likely put you in touch with local songwriters in Tucson. I'm not sure I understand your comment about being "versatile in their style". Most of the writers I know, write in two or three genres only. I personally write in several because I like many different kinds of music ranging from heavy metal to jazz and even including country, rock, pop, and new age. You might also post notices at all of the local music stores in Tucson. I know at Grandma's music and Guitar Center here in Albuquerque, they have bulletin boards where bands who are looking for members and songwriters looking for musicians can find each other. It also pays to ask everyone you come in contact with; "do you know anyone who writes music?" You might also try writing your own music and lyrics. Even if you're not musicians, with today's technology, all you really need is an idea. You can hum or sing the melody into a computer running one of the many recording software programs on the market and then the software can determine the chords and write the music for you. I do that. It saves a lot of time. Then you just need to write some words to go with it. For instance, I asked my granddaughter for a popular phrase that her and her girlfriends say to each other. She replied jokingly "That guy's hot". Well, there you have it. An idea for a song. So, I dinked around on the keyboard a little and tried to imagine what a group of 14 year old girls would say to each other regarding cute guys. and came up with a draft for some lyrics and my granddaughter loves it. It's not finished yet (she's helping me write it now) but, that's how easy it is to come up with an idea for pop music today. You can probably do that yourself right away and end up with better music than some stranger will create for you. If you have not seen it yet, rent the movie "Music and Lyrics" with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore you might get some good ideas from that movie. Just my 2-cents. But, then I'm over 40 also so go figure on that one. Not a creep though! Good luck to you! We need more talented singers and musicians.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment