Saturday, February 18, 2012

The last time we drove up to Vegas from Tucson, we used map-quest directions. It took us through about 10 miles of stop lights, all of the RED. Is there a quicker way around the city? Thanks!|||I'm guessing all those lights were on Grand Avenue (US 60). Another alternative to avoid Grand Ave (US 60) through town is to take I-17 north to Carefree Highway (SR 74) and head west. It's more miles. But, as long as you hit I-17 before rush hour traffic (3PM to 7PM earlier on Friday) it should be pretty smooth sailing.

From the juncture of I-10 and I-17 Carefree highway is about 24 miles north. Carefree highway (SR74) isn't divided but still easier driving in my opinion than Grand Ave. You'll pick up US 60 (about 34 miles) just outside of Wickenburg at Morristown I believe . At that point just follow the Map Quest directions.

I've made this journey from north Phoenix this way a dozen or so times. Hope this helps.|||Not really. The only suggestion that I have is to Take route 10 to route 8 and head west to Gila Bend. At Gila Head north on US 95 until you pick up route 10 west of Phoenix. Continue on 10 until Blythe, then head north to Needles, and continue on to Las Vegas. It's 494 miles vs. 418 miles going through Phoenix. I would do that only if you think you might get stuck around Phoenix in traffic or if you prefer scenic routes. I for one would take the extra hour and head to Gila Bend.|||No problem
I-10 W to exit 161(?) which is Loop 202>
Take Loop 202 to Loop 101 N and then stay with 101 North to I-17 N
Take I-17 N 3 or 4 exits to the Rt 74 / Carefree Highway exit
Make a left
Take that over to US 60
Make a right and follow it into Wickenburg
Get gas either as soon as you get on I-17 [Deer Valley Rd ] or in Wickenburg
Note : 101 sux at rush hour But it moves most other times of the day

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment