Saturday, February 18, 2012

I have a Tucson and it looks like the anchor systems are on the side seats, not the center. I thought the middle was the safest place for an infant car seat. We have a chicco with the LATCH system so I want to be able to use it but it looks like I'll have to use the seatbelt if I want to install in the middle. Is that right or am I reading the manual wrong?|||I would read the manual for the car, I know my Nissan tells you where the safest place for a rear facing, forward and a booster is. Good luck...you could always ask the hospital as well.|||First: the safest position for a car seat is where it fits the best. The safest way to install it is whichever gives you the best installation. LATCH is not safer than seatbelts. It was invented to be more convenient and universal than seatbelt installing, but it failed on both counts b/c of the wide variance between vehicles on how far apart the LATCH anchors are. Most cars prohibit using LATCH in the center position, you're right. So if you are dead set on LATCH, you will have to use an outer position.

Try installing in the center with seatbelt.
Try installing outboard with seatbelt.
Try installing outboard with LATCH.
Now pick whichever installation was the best. A car seat is installed properly when there is less than 1" of movement at the belt path.|||You are reading it correctly! If you can get a solid install in the center with the seatbelt, then put it there. If not, then put it outboard with LATCH or the vehicle seatbelt. Whichever method you use you should have less than one inch of movement at the beltpath (where the seatbelt or LATCH strap goes through the base.

Great choice of seats: the Chicco is my favorite!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment