Friday, March 9, 2012

I've been playing the Viola and Violin Since 1st grade. Once I got to high school i strayed away from it. Now I go to a school where Orchestra isn't offered. I love playing, and I miss it. My dream is to play in the TSO. What should I do to get there? How does one even get into a symphony orchestra? I realize I may not just "get in" I know it will take time and hard work.
Thanks. :)|||The Tuscon Symphony Orchestra is a professional orchestra in which members vie for positions and are salaried. At the present time, you are not prepared to audition for the orchestra let alone be a member. You need to start doing some serious practicing on your violin or viola on a daily basis and take private lessons if available in your area. It would be helpful to graduate from a reputable music school with a major in violin or viola. With that degree, you might be able to gain entrance into the orchestra, but competition will be stiff. There are more well qualified musicians than there are positions available in professional orchestras. Get started on that practicing and good luck.|||Play like you are good enough for the Berlin Philharmonic, then Tuscon might let you in.

... If the TSO is your goal, find a professional teacher who has the credentials and ability to get you there.

火车采集器
  • italian translation to english
  • bento
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment