Monday, March 12, 2012

It was an OK speech. About as good of a speech that a politician can generate though it seemed more like a pep rally than a mournful speech to me. I mean why the heck would people cheer at a memorial service?|||Just another campaign speech to liberal college students !|||Those who would mock a memorial remind us of Reverend Phelps.

The people of Arizona have a lot of steam to blow off after this terrible tragedy. Every memorial service I've attended has had some laughter, and several had some applause.

Obama鈥檚 speech was magnificent, and prominent Republican leaders loved it:

McCain Praises Obama鈥檚 Memorial Service Speech
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/01/14鈥?/a>

Huckabee Praises Obama for "Easily His Best Speech"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/14鈥?/a>

Glenn Beck Praises Obama for Tucson speech
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/Th鈥?/a>

Obama's Speech Wins Over Critics鈥?(including Gingrich, Pawlenty)
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424鈥?/a>

Obama earns a country's praise鈥?br> http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Obama+e鈥?/a>

##|||I'm a Tucson resident and I went to the memorial service. After the incident on Saturday, our city has been gloomy and mournful. We cannot believe that this happened in our own back yard. The speeches is what we really needed to pick ourselves up again. What they said motivated us and helped us pick up the pieces. This is why he cheered. Why did the service have to be sad? We need to heal, and we're not going to if we are going to keep our heads down and think of the negative


-maybe you feel like this because you're not from tucson? it's really different when it happens to your own city. I mean if it happened to your's and I watched it on T.V with all the cheering I would be upset, but I can't understand how the city feels because it wouldn't be mine.|||I honestly didn't watch it. But given his presence and considering his notable absence from the memorial at Ft. Hood, I can't help but wonder if maybe we're witnessing a massive step forward in Social Darwinism. On second thought, it just strikes me as a photo op and a little premature campaigning.|||He is still on the campaign trail. He talked about civility after saying during one of his speeches if they bring a knife we will bring a gun. He and the Liberals will milk this disaster for everything it's worth.|||i thought it was good. If you ask me the people shouldn't have clapped either, but what are they gonna do about it.... and after all, maybe that's what Tucson needs, something to pep themselves back up|||I thought he looked pretty upset about everything that had happened. It actually felt like he didnt want to speak about it (as it was upsetting).|||He should have taken a lesson from past memorial services.|||I will have to agree with you on Obama's Speech. It did seem like a pep rally for a high school football team!!

:-)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment